Wednesday 6 November 2013

You Wear It Well

It's proof of the quality of my friends and body-building "family" that I've actually received more nice messages since Sundays debacle than I do when I win a show! Thank you all very much, it is greatly appreciated. There are a few theories as to why the judges wouldn't let me finish my career with a win but I'm not going to waste time listing or explaining them, instead I have found a positive. Sunday's show & result will of course be featured in the DVD that is in production. The purpose of the movie is to be educational, well this will be a lesson that shows that no matter how well you prepare and even if you clearly look the best one on stage, nothing is guaranteed on show day. Everyone has said that I have taken it remarkably well and some have asked how I find it so easy to do that. Well I won't allow any kind of stress into my life for a start but also the first person to cheer me up after the show was my friend Dan Smith.  Dan is a pro bodybuilder with a difference, he is confined to a wheelchair. It put things into perspective for me that someone who will spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair was taking time out to make me feel better just because I had suffered a ridiculous result. As Dan said, forget the result, it's onwards and upwards starting right now!