Sunday 3 November 2013

Walk Away

My hopes of ending my career with a win didn't work out as I placed 2nd in a sell out UKBFF Stars of Tomorrow show. This is the only photo that I have at the moment of the winner & me and I will post the show pics as soon as I have them but they will only confirm what you are thinking right now. I've beaten Abbas, the winner, several times, including at the Britain 2 weeks ago where he didn't even place, he's a nice guy and afterwards he came and apologised to me, he said he felt embarrased as I was clearly the winner and he didn't know why they had given it to him. I always take defeat gracefully and I shook his hand and said well done for winning. I've never complained about judging, politics in the sport or conspiracy theories and I won't start now but it does make me wonder. We both got invites to next years British finals, I left mine in a bin at the venue, it's the best way to draw a line, walk away and move on to bigger and better things.