Friday 24 August 2012

Its not about the bike

I have to say that I have complete sympathy for Lance Armstrong. He has never tested positive but he has clearly upset some of the very narrow minded people who pull all the strings in his world. And even if he did do any of the things that he is accused of then isn't he just the same as all the rest except better in so many other ways? A friend of mine once competed at the highest level in cycling and told me that things like EPO were as "compulsory" as the masking drugs!  I'm not into cycling but Lance is still a hero of mine for what he has achieved and, especially since I lost my Mum to cancer, for what his "Livestrong" foundation does for cancer sufferers. I can totally understand that he isn't even going to argue about things anymore, there comes a time when you have to leave the stress and drama to the little people and just get on with your life!