Tuesday 8 October 2013

When The Going Gets Tough

These are what I call the "hard yards". Just 11 days to go to the UKBFF British finals and the diet is biting now. After reviewing the Midlands show video I've realised that I will have to go under 17 stone to be shredded enough to stand a chance in what will no doubt be my toughest British final ever. I say that simply because the quality in my class at just about every regional show this year has been outstanding. The only way to respond to that is to prepare better than ever before and go on stage with the best package I have ever built, even though I will be nearer to 55 years old than 54 by showtime. In this pic, taken yesterday upon completion of the show prep DVD workout filming, I'm 17 stone 4 lbs, I intend to take 8 lbs off of that before show time, like I said, it's now that the diet starts to bite.  During these "hard yards" I watch different things for inspiration, on Sunday I watched "Seabiscuit" again, that movie will always have a special place in my heart.