Sunday 20 October 2013

UKBFF British Finals 2013

Yesterday I placed 6th in the UKBFF British Finals and I'm happy with that even though, as usual, many people came up to me after and said that I should have won or placed top 3 at least.  From my perspective I can tell you that backstage the top 6 of us all agreed beforehand that any of us could have won and the judges made a point of telling the crowd that they had great trouble separating the six of us after the posedown. The quality of the top 6 in all the classes at the finals was the best I've ever seen and I'm just proud to have been part of that exclusive club.  Lets be honest, a few people got to the finals winning small regionals just by beating their mate from the local gym but the Britain really does weed those few out.  I went in just under 17 stone and shredded, I'll post pictures as soon as I have them. One quick word about the venue in Harrogate - awesome!  As for me I will now try to end my career with a win when I do my last show, "The Stars Of Tomorrow" in Hayes on November 3rd.