Sunday 23 February 2014

Throw Away Your Television

It must be getting towards holiday time or show time because I'm getting asked a lot about what people's weight should be. My answer is always the same, weight means nothing unless you're competing in a weight class, it's how you look that counts. These days, driven by the media, people are obsessed with readings from things like scales and body fat gadgets.  Competing in a masters class I can honestly say that no judge at any show has ever asked me my weight, or what I can bench or what I can squat etc. for that matter, but they have always mercilessly scrutinised my physique on stage.  I often tell people to throw away the gadgets rather than be a slave to them.  The only things I've ever used are a mirror and the critical eyes of my coach; my record proves that it's a plan that works!