Tuesday 9 June 2009

May 22nd 2009

Arrive in Egypt in the evening and am astounded at what transpires as soon as we get there. The first thing that I do is pop into the airport loo. As I come out I’m confronted by two attendants and a security guard. As I wonder what I’ve done wrong they all get out their mobile phones and ask for photos. I’m happy to oblige of course. Then as I queue up for passport control the youngsters in the queue behind me are all taking photos of my back. I turn round and ask them if they would like some proper pictures and soon the airport is at a standstill as they take turns to have their photo taken, each sitting on one of my shoulders while I pose the other arm for them. It’s all great fun and soon we are all off to the hotel but not before they ask if I have a website, again I think nothing of it.