Wednesday 28 August 2013

The Chain

During a show diet one of the most important things to consider is muscle protection.  Have no doubts, the ridiculous diets that are required to reach peak condition in today's top quality competitions will burn muscle as well as fat unless you comprehensively address the issue.  We all rely on Glutamine of course but personally I stack the Glutamine with a good quality BCAA.  The ratio of the various amino acids is crucial for the product to work properly and I have been using Matrix BCAA Raw, available from http://www.supplementcentre.com   This contains a precise 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine with a small amount of Citrulline Malate, together these form a perfect Branched Chain of Amino Acids. I add this stuff to my drinks for cardio, pre workout and post workout and it works well stacked with the Glutamine to ensure that the muscles recieve maximum protection at all times.  Finally, I would just like to wish my mate Richie Goodwin all the best for Sunday.  Richie is one of the nicest guys in the business and he is competing at the UKBFF East of England show. He always looks incredible and I'm looking forward to seeing him in the finals at Harrogate.