Wednesday 13 June 2012

A question of judging criteria

I have to say that I feel a bit sorry for my good friend Martin Stevenson who competed in the tall class in the WABBA World Championships at the weekend. Martin looked in awesome condition and weighed about 20 kilos more than the winner yet didn't get placed as the judges were looking for a taller, more athletic physique. It has always been my experience that the reverse is true so it's very puzling. Martin is the ultimate professional and a really nice guy, I am so much happier training at his gym in Olney, which is also where this weekend, the next member of the 2012 team, Sean Betts, will have another inspection and be given his final weeks prep instructions for his first show on June 24th. He's worked very hard and we are all looking forward to seeing him on stage!